Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Map Choices

I want to implement a map to show UK sales, it needs to have the ability to scroll and zoom.

I've managed to get Google maps working to do this, but have found it slow and cumbersome with no ability to zoom and no scroll bars (this may be easily changed but I haven't figured out so far).

I have seen there are some alternatives to Google maps; Idevio & GeoQlik, and am wondering what are the pros and cons of these and Google.

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks,

Gwyn

19 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

The cons of Google Maps and other commercial maps are the license fee.

You can try out a free OpenStreetMap (see attachment). You can zoom in by selecting the diagrams data points or on the slider.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

How many locations do you have ?  Maybe you can group some locations in larger area.

You can use Osm or Google Maps very easily even with a large amount of points.

The only problem I see with this maps is you can just display a bubble Map not choroMap.

For me it's not a problem. I can display 2 infomations in a bubble playing with the size & the color.

Look at the sample in share QlikView section when it will be reopen in the new site.

Regards

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies.

I've got about 500 data points, the feel isn't the same as if scrolling around Google Maps without going through QlikView. 

I also loaded my data into Batch Geo which works fantastically well, allowing me to zoom in, pan around etc.  It also shows an overall count over the area and when you zoom in the area spreads.  This is just how I want it in QlikView!!!!

I will have a look at the sample in the section.

Thanks,

Gwyn

Not applicable
Author

Hi, what is batch geo ?  it will be great if you can post  your app or some screenshot

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Have a look at http://batchgeo.com/ use their example and click Map Now.

Very user friendly, no need for longitude and latitude as well.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

You also could try amMaps extension (QV10): http://community.qlik.com/message/111765#111765

Our create your own map extension object...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf

Have you seen an example using AnMap extension in QV ?
Do you think it's possible to create a map different of word county map ?

JJ

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi JJ,

yes, I have seen the amMap extension working very well in QV10.

Here you can find some examples: http://www.ammap.com/examples.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi gwynwjones,

we're a little late to answer your question...

At the beginning of the conversation, you were wondering about the benefits of GeoQlik over Google.

We particularly noted these :

- GeoQlik is integrated into a QlikView document, you can make selections directly on the map

- It allows you to load your own geografic data

- You can perform spatial analysis by tinging areas

- GeoQlik allows you to make pie charts and bar charts

- It works offline

- Its cost is lower

- Easier to use

For more information, feel free to contact us.

Best,