Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Map issues-google map api didn't show

hello

We want to show customer sales by location in QlikView which needs to use map,but we cannot use Google map api ,what should we do?

(we are using QlikView in China,you know~)

thx

14 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

How do you want the map to work ?  Bubbles on a map ?  Polygon heat map ?

You may want to try extensions which would be free to use (and/or develop) . A common one is below.  There are others.

brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11 · GitHub

GeoQlik and Analytics8 have strong licensed solution for doing sophisticated mapping as well.

Not applicable
Author

thank you fro your reply.

But we still have problems with the 'color expression' part.

We want to make the part red when its sales<4000,show green else,how to create the expression?

thank you again~ (*^__^*)

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Are you referring to the SVQ Reader extension referenced above ?

If you are , there is a 'color expression' listed in the extension properties below . i'm not 100% positive, but i  BELIEVE you can write a conditional color expression using qlik functions  if( sum(Sales) > 4000,   <green color expression> , <red color expression> )

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

THX AGAIN~

we've tried,but it always show the white blank~

SET.png SET2.pngSET3.png

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi - you are definitely on the right track, but when i set this up myself i had some difficulty making sure that the values in my 'Region ID' field matched up with whats in the SVG map .

To make sure your values will work,i recommend you install the following SVG editor (it is also referenced in the github post by the extension author)

http://www.inkscape.org/en/

Once you install it you can open the SVG file , select 'edit paths by nodes' on the left (as you see below),

right click on an individual region and see the exact ID value. In this case its CN-15.

In QlikView, you are using the 'pro' field from your qlik data model... does it have 'CN-15' (and other values that match the SVG region IDs)  as a value ?  

Also , try using red() or green() or another qlikview function like rgb() to define the color in the 'color extension property.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Here is an example

Capture.PNG.png

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

thank you

I am sure that my regionID is correct,because the value has been put on the picture.

I wonder that why my color expression didn't work.

%>_<%

value.pngvalue2.png

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I think your expression is syntactically correct

Can you create a bar chart with the 'Pro' field as the dimension and sum(Sales) as the expression ? i would like to see what is formed.

Also if you can do a screenshot of your data model showing which table 'Pro' is in and which table 'Sales' is in that would help too....

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

thank you so much for your reply

but can you  show me the xlsx (data source)?

here is my screenshot

data.png