Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mapping QDS (QVB.exe) PID to Executing Tasks

Is anyone aware of a way to link running QDS tasks to the active QVB.exe PIDs on the server?  Support have no idea how to do this, and I just don't understand how this is not possible!? I'm relatively new to QV, so hopefully I'm just missing something really obvious (this seems like such a basic requirement for any enterprise deployment). 

The QDS currently logs log the process ID at the END of the task log (which is a bit useless):

12/14/2011 23:58:43.2388534     Information     Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=9544

I have created an "idea" for this enhancement: http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2193

But hopefully someone can tell me a way of doing this with a config tweak...

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately not.  I was told by support to "create an idea".  No movement yet as far as I know.  Please vote for it if you think it would be useful. 

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2193

There unfortunately does not appear to be much appetite to address issues like this and enhance the product.  The standard line from support is to "create an Idea", where it then languishes.  It's a real shame, as this seems like such a trivial thing to address (i.e. moving a trace statement in the code).

If you find a way of doing it, please let me know.  For now, we are resorting to tracking QDS task start times back to the time processes were launched, which is less than ideal.

Thanks

Graeme

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you find a way to map the QVB to a PID??

Thanks,

Mithun

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately not.  I was told by support to "create an idea".  No movement yet as far as I know.  Please vote for it if you think it would be useful. 

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2193

There unfortunately does not appear to be much appetite to address issues like this and enhance the product.  The standard line from support is to "create an Idea", where it then languishes.  It's a real shame, as this seems like such a trivial thing to address (i.e. moving a trace statement in the code).

If you find a way of doing it, please let me know.  For now, we are resorting to tracking QDS task start times back to the time processes were launched, which is less than ideal.

Thanks

Graeme

Not applicable
Author

Yup, the support seems to be lethargic.

I am also working on a way to map it using the start time. Will update you if I find a perfect way.

(Voted up your idea)

Regards,

Mithun

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. 

We are just manually using process explorer to map QVB process start times to the task log start times for the moment.  It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

chandrasarva
Contributor II
Contributor II

Graeme,

Do you have any update on this? I am looking for same thing here and any help would be appreciated.

I am trying something like to read a text in the logs where the processID find and then do the substring.

Thanks

Chandra

Not applicable
Author

I believe this issue has been rectified, at least as of 11.2 SR2.  I can now see the PID's being logged to the start of the QDS logs.

28/07/2014 00:00:18.1869802InformationOpened the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=193320
chandrasarva
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Graeme.

Yes. I do see the process id in task logs. But trying to display it in my audit report.

Thanks

Chandra