Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Highlighted
qvraj123
Contributor II

Mapping Table with duplicates - looking for options before going to left join

Mapping Table with duplicates - looking for options before going to left join

Hi All,

Thanks for your time - I have a scenario where i am trying to avoid a left join by using the mapping table but i noticed that i have duplicates in my mapping load -  this is how it looks like in my mapping table

COMPID - This field is PK in this table so has unique values - 

FK_REPID - This field is FK so has duplicate values

ID - This field has unique values

FK_COMPID - This field has unique values - i need this field later on to join with some other table

Capture2.PNG

my Mapping table looks like this

MapTable1:
Mapping LOAD
FK_REPID       AS Id,
COMPID & '|' & FK_COMPID & '|' & Id   AS ComAttribues;

The driver table in which I have Id field has only unique Id's

for the above FK_REPID there is only 1 row/record in the driver table

when I use the subfield to get the list of columns i am only getting ONE row with values for those fields..I do not get the all the different COMPIDs ..

in the mapping table for this FK_REPID (B30E6EBE-16AC-4540-ADEE-8F2E19E33B9E) i have multiple rows with different COMPIDs,IDs and FK_COMPIDs -

I tried to concatenate this fields in the mapping table so that i can use the subfield like

Subfield(ApplyMap('MapTable1', Id, 'Not Found' ), '|',1) AS CompDimId

This is giving me only 1 row may be the last value - is there any option to avoid the LEFT JOIN in this scenario

Capture3.PNG

please i really appreciate your help

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Support
Support

Re: Mapping Table with duplicates - looking for options before going to left join

Duplicate post, see the following link for full solution:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Mapping-Table-with-duplicates-looking-for-opt...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
1 Reply
Support
Support

Re: Mapping Table with duplicates - looking for options before going to left join

Duplicate post, see the following link for full solution:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Mapping-Table-with-duplicates-looking-for-opt...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.