Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Marking multiple data points in a line chart

Hi

I have a requirement where i have to mark same event that occurred multiple times in a day (based on the time of the day it occurred). I created the attached picture in Paint. For doing this in QV, I am using a line chart where i use symbols to mark the points. The expression behind this is [System Start Time] (just the field name). I am only partly successful because, this works if there is only one system start time during the day. In the picture attached you can notice on Day 1 there are 3 instances and Day 2 there are 2 instances. I am not able to create this kind of graph in Qlikview. I understand that, if Expression returns more than one value Qlikview is not able to plot them, but i cannot think of a reason why this simple case is not doable here.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try this,

from ur expression tab click click ur expression and select check box VALUES ON DATA POINT,apply this seeting on all ur expressions

senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sandeep,

I think you may have to use a multi dimensional chart type such as Grid or scatter where both axis would be shown with a dimension.

thanks

Senarath

Not applicable
Author

Hi Senarath

Thanks for your response. I am using a Bar + Line combo chart as I also need some bars in that chart. The picture I shared above is a sample I created. Is there any way I can achieve this with line chart?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva

Thanks for your suggestion. But it did not work for me. As far as i know, VALUES ON DATA POINTS is only to display the value for the point, but not the point itself.

-Sandeep

senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sandeep,

According to my knowledge, normally charts other than what I have mentioned earlier, use one axis for dim and other axis or expression.

You cannot achieve your requirement as long as one axis uses expression to appear.

However, in multi dim charts, both axis can be Dims and plots are used for expression.

Anyway, let's await if any expert has a good idea or work around for this.

Thanks,

Senarath