Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Max Visible property and Totals on Straight Tables

Hi there,

I have been getting confusing results from using the Max Visible property on a straight table. What I am attempting to acheive is a number of columns, each being derived from set analysis expressions. I am looking to have all columns sortable, and the top 10 values in that sort order shown. The totals row should then be the total of those ten rows. The total of the rows not shown (ie. outside of the top 10) being shown in the 'Other' row.

The Max Visible property, and the 'Show Others' checkbox, seems to be exactly what is required. However, the total always seems to show the total of all rows, rather than the total of the rows shown. The 'Other' total always shows null.

I am not sure if I am setting up something wrong, or QV 9 SR1 is not behaving as it should. I have attached a simple document that shows the issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

3 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Just following up on my own mail... realised that by changing the Total Mode from 'Expression Total' to 'Sum of Rows' it behaves a bit better. The total is still the total of all rows, not just those shown, but the Others row is populated correctly with the total of rows not shown.

It is then easy to work out the sum of the included rows with a calculator if required.

- Steve

Not applicable

I'm having the same issue with subtotal of the visible row. Have you found or made any further progress?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi There,

The 'Total Mode' on the Expressions tab sorted the issue that I had. Are you presently trying the Expression Total, or the Sum of Rows? What is the expression you are trying to total - is it definiately a numeric rather than a string of numbers? If you can upload an example of it not working I'm sure someone will take a look and give some pointers.

Regards,
Steve