Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsharmaqv
Creator III
Creator III

Max date selection issue in Multi box

Hi All

I have a requirement to select the Max date by default when user opens the qvw document.

To achive this I have enable the trigger option and select the max date. Its working fine but when user click on clear all option, every thing got deselected including date.

How to make date as consistant even after users clicks on clear all option?

Many thanks in Advance!

Deepak Sharma

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

PFA

1. OnOpen trigger : =Date(Max({1} Date))

2. OnAnySelect trigger : = Date(Max(Date))

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III

Write the same trigger on Document properties -> OnAnySelect

rubenmarin

Hi Deepak, there is another action to lock the field, this way it won't be cleared but users should unluck to change the selected value.

Another option is creating a 'Clear all' button that locks the date field, clears all and unlocks the date field, but the global action to clear all still will deselect this field.

And another option is setting the date field to have always one value selected, so it can't be deselected.

A last option can go playing with triggers on change on date field, but can be difficult to manage using this way.

dsharmaqv
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your reply Sibin.

On doing this, now on opening the document...max date is not getting selected.

sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III

You can write the same trigger on Document properties ONOPEN also

dsharmaqv
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No Luck

sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III

Create a listbox for date column.

Then select one value from this list box -. then go to properties -> check always one selected value

Then click on ok

after that Delete that listbox.

now if you click on clear all, always one value will be slected for Date Column.

dsharmaqv
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Again No luck Sibin

Will you be able to share the sample app pls.

sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III

Is it clearing the date field now? after creating the listbox with always one selected value.

I can't upload the file due to security restriction.

dsharmaqv
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sibin

always one selected value option is available in multi box as well. even I tried with list box as per your suggestion.

But n luck....Once I enable "always one selected value" Max datae trigger doesnt work and showes last saved date value.