Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Namaste all

I was trying to  assign CAL(Assigned cals) for my users on the server. but, i couldn't add my users which are on my server

Than i tried to create a user in Active Directory , than i installed Active Directory domain service on my server.

than  on wards i am unable to access my access point. I am getting the error as shown below.access.PNG

when i try to go on Qlikview server, in the system tab, setup,

I am getting the following error as:

server error.PNG

when i tried to enter the login details again, I am getting the following error.

To login using username and password, please enable 'Allow admin using name and password' on the security tab.

can anyone please help me with this

sunindiaashfaq_haseebjanithharsith

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you try searching for account names using wildcards (e.g. * in front and at the back of the - optionally partial - account name)? In the User Selection Dialog and after entering your seach term, did you click the magnifying glass? Did you use the QMC->Users tab to search for users and permissions?

Please post a screenshot of QMC->System->Setup->Directory Service Connectors->Select your DSC->Local Directory. Thanks.

Peter

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Try to restart all the services

Not applicable
Author

yeah, i did. but the same error

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check events[yourservername].log

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This is known thing Qlik Cannot be installed on domain controller.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is your QVS licensed?

You do not need AD for locally defined users. And as Ashfaq already pointed out, you cannot make QlikView Server run on a Domain Controller because of problems with local groups ("QlikView Administrators" cannot be created on a domain controller)

If you don't need AD, remove it. If you don't have it, check whether the DSC defines a single Local Directory item. That's needed for finding users defined in the Machine domain. Now define Local users (This Computer->Manage->Local users and groups), and see if you can find them in the QMC->Users tab.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi , thanks for the reply

actually i didnt get u what you mean by qlik server can't be installed on domain controller ..

I am new to work qlikview server, could you please help me with the following task.

actually, i want to ass user to my qlikserver, so, i created a Active Directory to create a user.

than i got lost access to access point.

than how to assign a call to the user on qlik server and how to add a user to the server?

Thanks in advance

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Reason for not having Qlik on domain controller is explained by peter.

If you took snapshot it could be better if you can revert back.

Assigning cal depend on many factors.

The one you are looking will works with Qlik Server in case you have publisher License.

In case you don't have publisher License then you need to assign window's NT security on your Qlik file itself.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi peter, thanks for the reply.

yeah my QVS is liecensed .

if i cant use AD, i will remove it and see if my error is gone.

I will read about DSC and that stuff and i will reply you

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi peter,

i dont know, what appened.

I am unable to login as  user or administrator in to server after remove Active Directory.

I think server is broken,,