Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Message to verify sending email on alert gone

Hi there,

Qlikview usually asks if you would like to send the email after an alert triggers, it does this with the screen as shown in the attachment. However, starting this week my qvw has stopped sending emails, and I think that this might be the cause. (Pressing Do not show this message again and No to All)

Question: How can I reset my user preferences such that this message will re-appear?

Thanks for helping out,

regards,

Boris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Boris,

I faced the same issue and found out the remedy.

You need to edit the "Settings.ini" file which can be found in "C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView". Change "DontShowConfirmSendAlertEmail=0" as "DontShowConfirmSendAlertEmail=-1" then save it.

It worked for me after this change. Please try.

Regards,

Sajeevan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Boris,

I faced the same issue and found out the remedy.

You need to edit the "Settings.ini" file which can be found in "C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView". Change "DontShowConfirmSendAlertEmail=0" as "DontShowConfirmSendAlertEmail=-1" then save it.

It worked for me after this change. Please try.

Regards,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sajeevan,

Perfect solution.

And aside to that, the settings.ini looks like the place to edit other 'hidden' user preferences.

cleite2014
Creator
Creator

I am receiving this popup on some apps now.  I am on QV 11.2 SR12.  I do not see the value you have mentioned in the Settings.ini for the QlikView Server.

Any help here would be great.

Thank you,

Craig Leite