Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahdab
Contributor II
Contributor II

Migrate qlikview apps to qlik sense

Hi Developers,

I wonder if there is any way to migrate the entire app from Qlikview to Qlik sense,  I have read that there is a tool is called  Fasttrack to migrate dimensions and expressions, and there is convert tool in Qlik sense hub.

So my question is why we cannot migrate the entire app and in order to do so, can we develop a tool to do that? 

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, in dev-hub (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/November2018/Subsystems/Dev-Hub/Content/Sense_Dev-Hub/de...) there is the qlikview converter, it passes dimensions, expressions, and visualizations as master items and it aslso copies the variables used in the app.

No sheets are created so you need to use/edit the master items created to create sheets in app.
ahdab
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I really appreciate your answer, but we have too many QlikView apps, to do as you said takes a lot of time and effort and sometimes the converting does not enough.

I have been asked to find an automated solution, so do you have any suggestions.

rubenmarin

Oh, in that case I don't know any automated solution. I also want to know if any exists.