cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing Item numbers in monthly data

I have a problem with missing values

Hello all

My data contains stock and sales figures for each item. I am then counting the # of weeks in a month, eg # week endings to use in a calculation

Problem

Some item numbers are missing from the week ending report.

This means that instead of counting 4 week for the month there is only 1 week of data or 2 or 3

eg

item        Month      Count # weeks   (should be 4)

rtyee4      Aug        1

Is there a way to populate or manipulate the count so that I always get the correct no of weeks

The week ending field is being generated from the week ending date in the data for each stock sales report

I have tried using the week field in my calendar but get the same result

Cheers

Brett

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert

Because the Item did not exist in the data for the week ending suppress zero was not an option

The way I solved it was to create a table and group up the report week ending in a month and join it in on the Report Month Year in my calendar. That way the number of weeks ending in a month will be counted regardless of the fact that an item number is missing from a given week ending.

Cheers

Brett

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you already have a calendar with all the weeks then try disabling the Suppress Zero-values option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert

Because the Item did not exist in the data for the week ending suppress zero was not an option

The way I solved it was to create a table and group up the report week ending in a month and join it in on the Report Month Year in my calendar. That way the number of weeks ending in a month will be counted regardless of the fact that an item number is missing from a given week ending.

Cheers

Brett