Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mixed mode setup in Section Access

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of configuring section access. I've managed to get basic USERID, PASSWORD configuration working, but am now facing the following issues:

1) I'm using local AD users on my Qlikview server (as we don't have a central ActiveDirectory configuration) and ideally the users don't want to enter a second username and password once they've logged onto the access point (lets call the local Server DOMAIN1)

2) To access the document for development I use a local copy of the QVW. My dev machine is on a different domain to the Qlikview server (for the sake of this its DOMAIN2). I don't mind entering an additional username and password when accessing for dev purposes.

3) Some users will also download the qvw for use offline.

How can I reconcile the three above scenarios as this would be a mix of USERID/PASSWORD and NTNAME authentication.

Thanks,

Rory.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I figured it out. I was able to used both USERID and PASSWORD for users that won't be on the DOMAIN1 server (such as an ADMIN user for development and an OFFLINE user for when the doc is on a standalone machine), and use NTNAME to ensure the current authenticated user is used when viewing via the access point.

Thanks,

Rory.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I figured it out. I was able to used both USERID and PASSWORD for users that won't be on the DOMAIN1 server (such as an ADMIN user for development and an OFFLINE user for when the doc is on a standalone machine), and use NTNAME to ensure the current authenticated user is used when viewing via the access point.

Thanks,

Rory.