Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel1990xyz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Modify content of "Script Execution Progress"?

Hello everyone,

I have two questions regarding the "Script Execution Progress":

- Is it possible to modify the red highlighted text?

- Is it possible to clear the content, so nothing will be shown except the content that I define by using TRACE?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Daniel

Script Execution Progress.JPG

7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi I dont think so its possible to remove it.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
marcus_sommer

AFAIK you could hide certain log-content if you used hidden scripts for them. Maybe it's possible to call from there a trace-statement which reside within the normal script.

A modification of the progress window-header won't be possible unless with some kind of reverse engineering because depending on the choosen language the content changed and might be therefore adjustable but the efforts for it ...

What is the aim behind it? What should (not) be displayed where and why?

- Marcus

daniel1990xyz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answer.

The aim is that the user will see a "Script Execution Progress" window with information that are "readable"/"understandable" for him. Therefor my idea was to hide everything and to wirte via TRACE some information for the user.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What do you mean by user? Your fellow user or end user? You can see this script exe progress only when you manually reload on your desktop? Can you elaborate please?

daniel1990xyz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I mean with user the end user. In our case the end user can reload the document file with the desktop application of qlikview. And if the end user reload the data on his computer with QlikView for Desktop I want to define what he see in the "Script Execution Progress" window.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

As others mentioned it is not possible as it is a system setting. However, i am still not understanding why you have hide that from an end user who has the ability to reload. Any specific reasons?

daniel1990xyz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I would like to hide it, because it is a requirement from the project manager. But if it is not possible to hide it's fine.

Thank you for your help.