cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III

Monthly / Seasonal trend over 4 years based on date format DD/MM/YYYY

Hi - I have the attached sample data and want to show the seasonal trends i.e. higher every February and March, lower activity in September and October etc, over a period of  years worth of data.  We need to identify the trends throughout the month based solely on each month of the year.  So the chart will look something like the attached from the data - I have calculated the yellow highlighted column myself in Excel, to give me the month only and therefore want to replicate this in Qlikview.

How can I produce this?  Many thanks for your help.

Rgds

Labels (4)
1 Reply
edwin
Master II
Master II

if i understand this correctly from your XLS chart, you want to aggregate the data by the month (regardless of the year). and create a reular bar chart.  looked simple at first.  the problem is that you want to aggregate across years and are forced to use the Month field as your dimension and there is no out of the box way to sort it.

you can however sort it properly by telling QV how to sort it.  create a sequence dimension:

NoConcatenate
MonthSequence:
load * inline [
Month, Seq
Jan,1
Feb,2
Mar,3
Apr,4
May,5
Jun,6
Jul,7
Aug,8
Sep,9
Oct,10
Nov,11
Dec,12
]

use MOnth as your chart dimension and n the SORT tab, use sort by expression : =Seq

hope that helps