Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Monthly Trend

I am using the InMonths variable to get the monthly trend for 12 months. The problem I have is that our fiscal months (5-4-4) are different than calendar months in Qlikview. Example, our October starts Sept 19 and end Oct 23. How do I go about writing a script using my fiscal months instead of calendar months. This is the script I am using today for one specific month.

sum(if (InMonths (1,TranDate, Today(), -1), if(SalesType = 'G', Sales)))

6 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Generally speaking, you would create a "Fiscal Month" field in your script as part of a calendar table. So every date in the calendar would have a fiscal month specified. Rather than having separate expressions for each fiscal month in a chart, you would simply include fiscal month as a dimension. Then you would do this to get the type G sales for that fiscal month:

sum({<SalesType={'G'}>} Sales)

Not applicable
Author

I have created a Fiscal Month as part of the calendar table. What I want it do it is to show each of the last 12 months based on the last closed month. So when Nov closes, it would show Nov 2010 - Dec 2009, but it would not show Nov until it closes. I can do this using InMonths variable, but again it is for the calendar month not our fiscal month. No date range is selected in the application to achieve this. It looks something like this using InMonths. Thanks.

Office
Oct 2010 Sep 2010 Aug 2010 Jul 2010 Jun 2010 May 2010 Apr 2010 Mar 2010 Feb 2010 Jan 2010 Dec 2009 Nov 2009
$955$373$740$556$940$733$1052$670$4065$1755$0$1197
6004$955$373$740$556$940$733$1052$670$4065$1755$0$1197

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'd still just use FiscalMonth as the dimension, and then use set analysis to restrict it to the last 12 closed FiscalMonths, though that could get a little complicated. Maybe add a ClosedFiscalMonthSequence field to the calendar? Increment each FiscalMonth, and leave null until the FiscalMonth is closed. Then you could probably do something like this with a pivot table.

dimension 1 = Office
dimension 2 = FiscalMonth
expression = sum({<SalesType={'G'},ClosedFiscalMonthSequence={">$(=max(ClosedFiscalMonthSequence)-12)"}>} Sales)

There might be a better way, of course.

Not applicable
Author

I was trying to stay away from a pivot table but that will work. Thanks for the help.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

mpp123 wrote:I was trying to stay away from a pivot table but that will work. Thanks for the help.

Well, you have one dimension down the side, and one across the top. That's a pivot table. But if you must have a straight table, you can do it like this:

dimension = Office
expression 1 = sum({<SalesType={'G'},ClosedFiscalMonthSequence={'$(=max(ClosedFiscalMonthSequence))'} >} Sales)
expression 2 = sum({<SalesType={'G'},ClosedFiscalMonthSequence={'$(=max(ClosedFiscalMonthSequence)-1)'} >} Sales)
expression 12 = sum({<SalesType={'G'},ClosedFiscalMonthSequence={'$(=max(ClosedFiscalMonthSequence)-11)'}>} Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks