Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimberly
Contributor
Contributor

Multi-box selection limit

Needing to determine if there is a limit to how many values can be selected for one Multibox field, and if there is a limit, what is it. 

For example:  we have a Multi-box with a field which contains hundreds of thousands of distinct values.  If we begin typing  'ABC*' it could return thousands of possible values - how many will QV select or retain in the current selection, is there a limit?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kimberly
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you!  We ended up adding a field with about 75K values to an existing Multi-box.  We currently have the updates in a lower server environment and it seems to be rendering and performing well.  At this point we are not anticipating issues once the updates reach our Production environment. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I can offer is the following:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Multi_Box.htm#a...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Ajax/WebView_Mu...

Nothing in either link that mentions limitations, so should select all etc.  The only thing of which I can think that might potentially be an issue is what is displayed, as in the Ajax client, things are returned in blocks as far as display of the values etc., so that may present a bit of a timing related issue if there are many values etc., to where it may take a bit for things to be fully rendered, or as you scroll, there may be delays as the display has to be updated etc.  Hopefully that makes some sense, only thing of which I can think that may look like a problem but things should return, may just take a few seconds etc.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Kimberly
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you!  We ended up adding a field with about 75K values to an existing Multi-box.  We currently have the updates in a lower server environment and it seems to be rendering and performing well.  At this point we are not anticipating issues once the updates reach our Production environment.