Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Not applicable

Multiple Windows in the same App

Hi Everyone:

I have a question, it is possible in Qlikview to open new windows with individually charts on it??, i.e. i have a chart on my app, i needs to put a buttom that will open a new window with only that chart, but using the filters of the Principal Application.

Does anybody can help me with this, really it is killing me?

PD.- An my boss too

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi Orlando,

Popping up another Window is not possible (though linking to another QlikView document is - but having a document with a single chart seems a waste).

I would imagine you can achieve what you are wanting to by using the Show Condition on various objects. The simplest is just to have a show condition on a sheet and a trigger to move to that sheet on an action. You can also do it with a show condition on charts - and some text boxes if you want to emulate the look of a window.

I am using show condition on sheets for switching a document to 'presentation mode' so there are tabs for viewing a document on a monitor then separate tabs with just a single chart on each (and no navigation / selections) for use in presentations. The maximize function on charts works okay - but this doesn't change the font size when the chart is maximized.

Hope that helps,
Regards,
Steve

9 Replies
Not applicable

Does anyone has an idea??

Not applicable

Hey Orlando,

Are you just wanting to run a 'report'?

What requirement are you satisfying by opening a new window?

In my experience QlikView ins't really a 'windowed' application. It all takes place in the same session, the same window.

Additionally, are you using the QV desktop client? the web client? which web client? etc.

I think we need more info before we can be of any assistance.

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi Orlando,

Popping up another Window is not possible (though linking to another QlikView document is - but having a document with a single chart seems a waste).

I would imagine you can achieve what you are wanting to by using the Show Condition on various objects. The simplest is just to have a show condition on a sheet and a trigger to move to that sheet on an action. You can also do it with a show condition on charts - and some text boxes if you want to emulate the look of a window.

I am using show condition on sheets for switching a document to 'presentation mode' so there are tabs for viewing a document on a monitor then separate tabs with just a single chart on each (and no navigation / selections) for use in presentations. The maximize function on charts works okay - but this doesn't change the font size when the chart is maximized.

Hope that helps,
Regards,
Steve

Not applicable

Thank you for your answer Steve, but I am not pretty sure i got the idea, can you explain me a little bit more about using show condition on sheets for switching a document to 'presentation mode' plz, maybe an example can be more usefull please.

Regards

Orlando

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi Orlando,

Please find an example with charts being exploded on a button click on my files page:

http://community.qlik.com/members/stevedark/files/Attached+Files/ShowHideWindows.qvw.aspx

Hopefully from this you will be able to create what you are wanting.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable

Than you for your answer. It works great, it wasnt what i want it to do but is enough with that emulation.

Regards

Orlando

Not applicable

hi Steve,

i can not see the link that you referenced for the sample.

is there a way to find and download the sample?                   

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi there,

It should be up in the Share QlikViews section now:  http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1105

Hopefuly it can be viewed on-line in Ajax or downloaded.

- Steve

Not applicable

thanks Steve, it's downloadable now