Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple select in straight table

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to select multiple rows/data in a straight table in other ways than using the "click and drag" function.

I have an expression in my straight table allowing me to sort out the top 500 data instances that I need. My problem is that when I click and drag in order to select them Qlikview freezes. I would like to be able to select the data I get on a consistent basis, as this would enable me to carry the information over to another sheet where the information on the data is explained more in-depth.

Thanks in advance,

- Andreas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hey Andreas,

Go to Presentation tab and check Dropdown select option for all the dimensions. Then you can click the dropdown option in the table and right click to select all.

Hope it was helpful

Thanks

AJ

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Did you try using Dimension Limits.

You can use a dynamic variable for no of records to be selected for the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Angad Singh,

Yes I am using Dimension Limits now to show the top 500 results.

Now all I need is an easier way than pressing the top result and dragging my mouse all the way down to select them all. This causes my computer to freeze.

If there was an action that I could set up, like the right click and "select all possible" with fields, that would select all shown values in this straight table, that would make my day.

- Andreas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andreas

If you create a text object and under the Actions tab there is an Action Type of Selection that has a Select Possible Action.

Is that what you are after ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hey Andreas,

Go to Presentation tab and check Dropdown select option for all the dimensions. Then you can click the dropdown option in the table and right click to select all.

Hope it was helpful

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi both Ajay and Bill,

The solution that Ajay proposed suits perfectly, thanks!

I have not looking into the solution that you proposed Bill, but will definitely do so when I start making my "mini-reports". This way I can make both an action that selects possible, but also one that refers to old bookmarks that I have made and would like the users to look particularly into.

Thanks to both of you,

- Andreas