Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfountain72
Creator II
Creator II

Mutiple charts based on sort results

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Here are the basics:

• We have roughly 300 measures that we track over time.
  • Each measure is assigned a Sort Number of 1-300.Thankfully, we have prioritized them so that we only want to view a separate chart for EACH of the top 6 measures.
  • These six charts should appear on one sheet and not be dependent upon what is selected on any given selections in the app.

Anyone have any ideas how I should tackle this?

The charts I create seem to be driven entirely by what is selected in list boxes. I tried some Conditional expressions (e.g. where Sort Number =1), but then they only appear when the selected item in the List box is Sort Number 1; choosing something else blanks it out.

Thanks again,

Chris

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There are several ways to make a chart independent of user selections elsewhere in the app. You can create alternate states on the General tab of the Document Properties window and after creating them assign them to charts (and other objects) on the General tab of the properties window of the object. The other way is to modify the chart expressions. For example by changing sum(Amount) in sum({1}Amount) the modified expression will ignore all selections. This kind of expression is called a set analysis expression because you specify which set the expression should use to calculate its results.

As for dealing with 300 measures... perhaps this document can help you: Customisable Straight (and Pivot) Tables - more food for thought

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand