Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NTDOMAINSID / NTSID

Hello.

i'm using the restriction acces on QlikView, and i was wondering what the difference between NTDOMAINSID and NTSID ? how am i supposed to fill those one ?

thx

Quentin

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I believe NTSID is the security identity (SID) of the 'workstation' whereas NTDOMAINSID is that of the domain the workstation is on.

I personally use NTDOMAINSID on my docs.

Regards,

Gordon

flavio_fazzano
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Quentin, I've found this (below) in a security document that I have :

The specific fields for NT security used in Section Access are NTNAME,NTDOMAINSID and NTSID.

NTNAME: A field that contains a string corresponding to a Windows NT Domain User Name or a Windows NT Group Name.

NTDOMAINSID: A field that contains a string corresponding to a Windows NT Domain SID. This is a unique string identifying a specific Domain.

NTSID: A field that contains a Windows NT SID. An NTSID is a combination of the NT Domain SID and a unique identifier for the NT User or Group.

You can use one of the fields or a combination to log on to the QlikView document. The most common combination is to use the NTDOMAINSID to get the unique identifier for the domain and combine it with NTNAME to get the unique users for this domain.

Regards,

Flavio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you use NTNAME you can have the domain info in there by using the DOMAIN\USERNAME format on your NTNAMEs. This way you don't have to worry about users from another domain with the same username as one of the internal users accessing the document.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, thank you guys. It works right now 🙂

Good job,

Quentin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Flavo,

Can you send sample code on NTSID/NTDOMINSID,

It's would be most help full....

Thanks

Babu