Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Navigate to Bookmark page by clicking one of the value in the staright table

Hi All,

I have created the bookmark. I need to navigate the user to that bookmark by clicking the value from the straight table expression. I am able to navigate to that page by using the URL in the expression but I don't see the bookmark. Is there any other ways to navigate?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Varun

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How you want to select BM after navigate in straight object? Will you explain little in practical?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

I have straight table in Application A.

In Application B, I have created the BM.

In Application A, I have an 5 expressions.When I click on one of the expression value, I want users to navigate to BM in Application B.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think you could give 2 actions for that. But actions are not available in straight table. Let's wait some time marcus_sommer‌ can you land up here for thoughts

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

A table-chart itself has no available actions and the only direct way to jump anywhere would be the url-expression. Take a look here if you could enable it per url: AJAX and URL parameters which could generally select certain fields/values.

If not and if it needs to be really a table-chart (you should rethink if there are no other approaches with buttons or textboxes) you will need to use the selection of dimension-values behind the clicking of an expression-value to call any further actions. But this method isn't very easy to implement because a selection over an expression will be quite often a multi-field/value selection which must be evaluated with some checks (maybe on the active sheet) and mostly removed afterwards and you might need some dummy-dimensions to chain your action to a certain object.

- Marcus

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

By using URL in the expression in Application A, can we jump to the bookmark created in Application B?

marcus_sommer

Regarding to the above mentioned link it should be possible:

- Marcus

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

This is what I use in the expression as a link in Application A.

Sum(ID) &  '<url>http://google.com'

Where can I add &bookmark=<Bookmark ID>?

marcus_sommer

Do you want to call a bookmark within a qlikview-application or within your browser?

- Marcus

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Within Browser. I am basically trying to click the expression in QVW A and then it should navigate the user to QVW B with a bookmark selected.