Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Export to Excel to open Excel 2007

Hey guys. I have a table with 100k+ rows that I want to export to Excel. I have Excel 2007 installed, but Qlikview always opens up in Compatibility Mode, so I'm still getting the 65k row limit. How do i configure Qlikview to open up in regular 2007 mode so I can load all the rows in one sheet? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I asked QV the exact same question and the answer was that they are using BIFF formats to export so the 64k row limit is in effect even if you are exporting to Excel 07.

They have added to the "nice to have" features for a future release.

Regards,

Bruce

View solution in original post

9 Replies
yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

did you try to use an export "button" object ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I have the same problem. I need to save all excel files to 2007 format (I need more than 65k rows), right now it's done automatically useing macro. What should I do to save exported files to 2007 excel *.xlsx

I tried to change *.xls to *.xlsx but then excel could not open thouse files.

My macro:

ActiveDocument.Fields("Location").Clear
Set myList = ActiveDocument.Fields("Location").GetPossibleValues

for i = 0 to myList.Count - 1

ActiveDocument.Fields("location").Select myList.Item(i).text
strName = "F:\QlikView\" & UseSystemDateTime & "_" & "asukoht_" & myList.Item(i).text & ".xls"
set obj=ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH15")
obj.exportBiff "F:\QlikView\" & year(now())&"."& month(now()) &"."& day(now()-1) & "_" & "location_" & myList.Item(i).text & ".xls"

Not applicable
Author

Anyone?

Not applicable
Author

Hi , i am also facing the same problem . Can somebody throgh some light on it..

Not applicable
Author

I asked QV the exact same question and the answer was that they are using BIFF formats to export so the 64k row limit is in effect even if you are exporting to Excel 07.

They have added to the "nice to have" features for a future release.

Regards,

Bruce

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can export it to a CSV and then import it to Excel. Not a nice solution, but it works.

Regards

Christian

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that is a solution, but csv removes all formats. For example if some numbers are starting with zeros, csv removes them and so on.

Feedback for QV about this nice to have. In small countries like I'm living is excel 2003 like windows 98

Not applicable
Author

We also need this feature, I would have thought with QV10 (latest SR1) that the XL button would open up in regular excel instead of compatability mode??? QlikTech...where are you on this???

Not applicable
Author

2014 and QlikView 11 and still only supports opening xls....seriously!!!!