cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Help in set-analysis!

Hi ,

I need help in this expression

Sum( {< _Source = {"Application Approval Rate"}, Year = {'$(=Year(Max( { < Actuals = {">0"}  >} MonthYear)))'}>} Actuals)

I believe this is what the expression does.

Sum of Actuals

Where:

_Source = "Application Approval Rate"

AND

Year =

{

Max of MonthYear

Where :   

Actuals > 0

}

I need help on what is happening in the expression.

I presume it works like this,

Sum( {<condition 1, condition 2,...>}Actuals)

CONDITION USED IN THE ABOVE EXP: {< _Source = {"Application Approval Rate"}, Year = {'$(=Year(Max( { < Actuals = {">0"}  >} MonthYear)))'}>}

_Source = {"Application Approval Rate"} - condition 1

Year = {'$(=Year(Max( { < Actuals = {">0"}  >} MonthYear)))'} -  condition 2

Now i need help with this  part alone " Year = {'$(=Year(Max( { < Actuals = {">0"}  >} MonthYear)))'} "

What does the above condition(expression) do ? Why is there a "$" in it ? Why is there a double quote in the first condition but only a single quote in the second condition ?

I am new to set analysis.

Thanks for the help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

$(= .... )  tells QlikView to evaluate the expression that follows the equals sign and return the resulting data set.

The expression is surrounded by single quotes so the value returned is intrepreted as text.

The ">0" expression is a search expression, this is surrounded by double quotes to prevent the initial quote acting as a close quote for the earlier single quote.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Colin-Albert

$(= .... )  tells QlikView to evaluate the expression that follows the equals sign and return the resulting data set.

The expression is surrounded by single quotes so the value returned is intrepreted as text.

The ">0" expression is a search expression, this is surrounded by double quotes to prevent the initial quote acting as a close quote for the earlier single quote.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

for an actual String one quote is used. Double Quotes are generally used for wildcard Expressions (as you can see in your expression). I think the dollarsign here indicates that the expression in the brackets is evaluated.

Best regards

Martin

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

I sometimes use this Set Analysis wizard:

http://tools.qlikblog.at/SetAnalysisWizard/QlikView-SetAnalysis_Wizard_and_Generator.aspx?sa

Hopefully it will help with your problem (or just to keep for future reference)