Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Help regarding Reference line in area chart.

Hi All,

I have a time varying area chart with two dimensions and an expression. The first dimention is time. Now I need a reference line which

should run along the graph with variation to the first dimension.

Thanks in advance,

Dhoulath

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dhoulath,

may you post an example with a little data u want plot?

I can try to make a graph as tou want..

C u,

Stefano.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefano,

Please find the sample data.

Thanks in advance,

Dhoulath

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Dhoulath,

I had very similar situation in the past and I was struggling to get the reference line for changing numbers. I mean if the reference line represents a static value across your Dimensions then it is very simple. You can add the same by going to Presentation Tab > Reference Lines. However, in your case you need the reference lines ([HEAD COUNT]) to change based on the Time Dimension.

I am attaching a solution which I have used in the past. It is not 100% solution you are looking for but the it delivers the results. I have used two charts and overlayed on each other. And used the transperancy and other visual properties to depict as one chart. Most important thing to remember is to lock the position of the chart. You can do the same by accessing Chart Properties > Layout > Allow Move/Size (Uncheck the option).

Also, I am not sure the reason why you have used variable in the Aggr() function. My understanding is that you have used it to capture the Dimension Group Field Name. If that's the reason then you don't need a variable (ofcourse, which is additional overhead for calculation)... you can rather use the Dimension Group name within double quotes - "PERIOD" in your example.

I hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

i have been writing the same solution...

I'd add that to fix max and min of 1 graph on the max and min of the other.

C u,

Stefano.

Not applicable
Author

HI DV/ Stefano,

Thanks for the reply.  I too tried the same. Still it would be helpful, if I try to manage in the same chart.

Regards,

Dhoulath

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Dhoulath - I am afraid that I am hitting the brick wall in this situation. You might need to seek help from other users.

Stefano - Any idea? BTW - Nice snap

Cheers - DV