Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on Data Model Design

I have 3 data sets from Jira where one data set driven is by Updated date, 2nd with Created Date, 3rd with resolved date. Facts are derived from 3 sets, so could some one pls guide me to  create a common date from these 3 data sets and best approach to design a data model.

note: Each data set has all these 3 dates i.e Updated, Created and resolved and also few common columns between them

thanks

4 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

the easiest approach might be to extract key and corresponding date from each file into one concatenated table, like

LOAD MyKey, Update AS CommonDate FROM Table1;

LOAD MyKey, CreaDate AS CommonDate FROM Table2;

LOAD Mykey, ResDate AS CommonDate FROM Table3;

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Peter, I have tried this approach but still there was data discrepancy as my key was associated with different dates. for example: StoryID &'-' & EpicID was my key for all these data sets but there were cases where same key is associated with different dates

prieper
Master II
Master II

.... then your key is not a key

you may then compose your own key in loading your data and adding

RECNO() as id

to your dataset. For multiple files you may need to add a further qualifier, e.g. FILENAME() & RECNO() or "File1" & RECNO(), "File2" & RECNO()

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

true Peter I came to know that was not proper Key anymore.. will try the above suggested. Thnx