Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need column in table where you can input values like in a spreadsheet

I am wondering if it is possible to make an object with "spreadsheet functionality".

For example, we make a straight table with one dimension "Name".  Values are David and Kim.  I would like to add an expression, maybe with all blank values called "Customizable Notes".  However, I would like to be able to click inside a cell in that Notes column of the table and ENTER MY OWN NOTE.  So for David, I would want to enter the note "Must get back to him about Action Items" and have that show up in the chart.

I can't think of any way this would be possible.  I'm wondering if anyone has a clever workaround?  Also, would this be possible as an Extension Object? (which I know little about)??

Any thoughts are appreciated. I know this isn't what Qlikview is used for. Thanks so much!

Scott

5 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Attached.

Add an export macro for the table followed by a reload and you can 'fix' the input values - or indeed pass them back to another datasource.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Matt, that's a really nice example. Unfortunately, I cannot understand it as I have limited experience with macros and the comments are not in English.  Could you help explain what you did?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Actually, I got it now. Thanks a lot. This is really neat!

Not applicable
Author

Twist!

Looks like if you reload your own doc in SR3 the INPUTFIELD functionality breaks.  Qlikview has this to say on the topic:

"Inputfields are not compatible with joins or resident loads.

The reason for this is that an inputfield must be read one time and one time only. Once

the inputfield is read it is added to an inputfield table and this table cannot be

tampered with. Joins affect the table and for that reason inputfields are disabled when

combined with joins. Resident works slightly different but it also affects the inputfield

table and it is disabled for the same reason."

This was partly addressed in this discussion: http://community.qlik.com/message/129738#129738

Does anyone have a workaround for this?  The basic functionality that you can see if you download Matt's document  seems valuable, and it wouldn't make sense to me to lose it.

Not applicable
Author

its great...

I have Version 9.0

I have a issue using the input field in pivot..it doesnt store the values in pivot but it does in table box.Could someone help me?

thanks for your help

CM

INPUTFIELD

Comments;

SHIP_DETAILS:

LOAD

HSONUM

as SONUM,

HSHPNO

as SHPNO,

HSHIPID

as HSHIPID,