Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need metadata of tables

Hi,

I need metadata of loaded tables, like number of rows, no of columns, type of data either numeric or character, number of nulls in table. Please help me if we can write some function or some way to get this information out of table.

Regards,

Navdeep

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Open the Document Properties window and look at the information on the Tables tab. For individual fields you can add Statistics Box objects and add the information items you want to see for that field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcus_sommer

Quite helpful is also the structure-table (last item by right-click and choosing of new object) with the use of the system-fields.

- Marcus

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi navdeep kumar.

This metadata, except data types and null counter, is extracted in Qlik Deployment Framework.

The app is called IndexMonitor.qvw.

You are free to amend it to pick up what else you require, like null counter and data types.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I need output in cvs/txt file having no of rows/no of columns/null values/data type of each column.

Thanks,

Navdeep

Not applicable
Author

I want in report form for each field in table, please suggest some way.

Not applicable
Author

I will keep it as last resort, please suggest me some solution which we can use and create report kind of thing.

Not applicable
Author

Please point me to the link where I can find IndexMonitor.qvw.

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi.

It is in the default installation of QDF.

I'm sure you will find it, just search for it.

Sent from localhost.com<http://localhost.com> (127.0.0.1)

marcus_sommer

You could export such a structure-table - here: Re: Chart with count of $Field values you could find a very sophisticated solution from rbecher. Also possible is it to create those informations with table- and field-functions within the script: Re: Save All Field Names In New Table - but both solutions are not fast by large applications and a reducing to the realy needed topics is necessary.

Further you could read the xml-metadata from a qvw and/or the layout-export to get a lot of informations from them. For this you should look to various tools which already exists:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/technicalbulletin/2013/12/05/qlikview-governance-dashboard-11-availa...

Governance Materials.zip

- Marcus