Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need suggestions to improve the Data model for better performance

Hi All,

I have a data model which is a star schema, there are 25 dimension tables directly connected to single fact table. Now my question is how can I improve this model for better performance? What other points should I consider (not just the star schema) to increase the performance of the dashboard. attached is the data model for reference.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

From this point it's difficult to say which measures could improve the performance. It might be worth to merge some of your dimensions-tables together and to have a look on the cardinality from your fields if this have a significant effect to the application size, see: Symbol Tables and Bit-Stuffed Pointers and The Importance Of Being Distinct - and here you find many more helpful links: More advanced topics of qlik datamodels.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

From this point it's difficult to say which measures could improve the performance. It might be worth to merge some of your dimensions-tables together and to have a look on the cardinality from your fields if this have a significant effect to the application size, see: Symbol Tables and Bit-Stuffed Pointers and The Importance Of Being Distinct - and here you find many more helpful links: More advanced topics of qlik datamodels.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Marcus.