Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dukane24
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need to have part of chart expression not tie to dimension

Hello,

Basically, I've got a pivot table where for one expression or a portion of an expression, I need it to be sort of "absolute" and not tied to the dimension.  It's a pivot table where we're showing work for a team and the time it takes to do the work (Sum of Inventory * The time it takes to process 1 item).  Then I have an additional expression where I'm trying to say, in an 8 hour day, this is how much time would be left over.  The curve ball is that the user wants to be able to show multiple days worth of capacity if they select more than one calendar day.  So for example, if they select two days, it would be 8*2 = 16 hours.  Easy enough?

This worked perfectly when I tested the expression in an text box.  I tried it two ways, I tried it with GetSelectedCount, and I also tried by getting the Max Date selected and subtracting it from the current date.  The reason for the latter is that they'll be selecting a date range, and some dates may not be in the data, so using the difference of Max Date and current date catches those days.

The issue I've run into is that the dates selected may not apply to all of the individuals in the Pivot Table.  The Max date for one may not be the Max date for another because maybe they had no inventory that applies to that date.  So in my example above, one person shows with 8 hours of capacity and another shows with 16.  I need them all to show with 16 in this case.  I think need a way to calculate the difference (Max Date - Today) without having it be tied to the dimension, I just don't know if this is possible.

I really appreciate any ideas you may have.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Max(TOTAL Date) - Today()

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Max(TOTAL Date) - Today()

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please show the image using [Max Date] - Today() in your expression and "Suppress null value" from presentation tab to test ..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
dukane24
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You, my friend, are a rockstar! Thanks so much!