Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derChristopher
Contributor III
Contributor III

Networkdays does not include holidays although correct syntax - Which settings affect the function?

Dear all,

I try to use the networkdays() function in a load script, to evaluate the runtime of tickets (services requests/incidents) according to the working/business hours of my company. Therefore I came up with a solution based on other community posts to calculate the runtime based on a 10hours day excluding weekends.  The final step is now to exclude the holidays as well. Consequently I created a variable with the holidays in regular date format (e.g. 43586 -> 01/05/2019 DD/MM/YYYY). 

So far, so good. Everything should work and works in a example application but not in production application. I think there is some variable or setting which is in conflict with networkdays(). Is that possible? 

Please take a look at my code snippet. As result RuntimeVar returns a runtime of 52:41:38 which is correct. The production application returns 62:41:38 instead, because it neglected the first of may holiday. I have no idea why this happens. The code is the same in both apps. I appreciate any help/suggestions! 

Kind regards,
Christopher

LET vStartHour = 7;
LET vEndHour = 17;
LET vWorkingHourPerDay = $(vEndHour) -$(vStartHour);

SET calc_laufzeit = 'Interval(rangesum(
NetWorkDays($1+1,$2-1,$(vHolidays)) * MakeTime(10) // 10 hours per workday, for all day inbetween the period, excluding bounderies
,if(NetWorkDays($2,$2,$(vHolidays)),Rangemin(rangemax(frac($2),maketime(7)),maketime(17))-Rangemax(rangemin(frac($2),maketime(7)),maketime(7)),0) // working hours last day
,if(NetWorkDays($1,$1,$(vHolidays)),Rangemin(rangemax(frac($1),maketime(17)),maketime(17))-Rangemax(rangemin(frac($1),maketime(17)),maketime(7)),0) // working first day
,if(NetWorkDays($1,$1,$(vHolidays)) and floor($1)=floor($2),-MakeTime(10)) // correct for first equals last day
))';

Holidays:
LOAD * INLINE [
Holiday
];

Let counter=0;
FOR Each a in FieldValueList('Holiday') //FEIERTAGE.FEIERTAG
Let vHolidays=if($(counter)=0,chr(39) & '$(a)' & chr(39),'$(vHolidays)' & ',' & chr(39) & '$(a)' & chr(39));
Let counter = 1;
NEXT a;

Data:
LOAD *,
if(1,$(calc_laufzeit(START_TIME,END_TIME)),null()) as RuntimeVar;
LOAD *,
timestamp(timestamp#(StartTime,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT')) as START_TIME,
timestamp(timestamp#(EndTime,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT')) as END_TIME
Inline [
TicketNo,StartTime, EndTime
1, 4/29/2019 2:12:43 PM, 5/7/2019 4:54:21 PM];

Labels (4)
14 Replies
derChristopher
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I double checked it and found my mistake. The incorrect result was produced due to a wrong timestampformat in a preceeding step. Thank you for troubleshooting! I appreciate it 🙂

sunny_talwar

So dev has one format and production has another? Can you change the one in dev to see if that causes the result to change and become incorrect?

derChristopher
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

"Dev" was just the application example I made up for the community. Everything is fine. Thank you very much! 

sunny_talwar

Yes that is what I meant... so everything works now? What did you end up doing to resolve it?

derChristopher
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes everything works now. As I said before. The issue was resolved by the correct formatting of the input timestamp in a preceeding step.