Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No 'Print as PDF' function in QV10 SR1 x32?

Our customer is using QV10 SR1 x32 Desktop on his terminal server. He wants to print objects as PDF documents, but in his menu 'File' there is no option 'Print as PDF' visible (it is also not visible as greyed out option).

Is there no option 'Print as PDF' available in the x32 version of QV10 SR1? Else, what do we have to do to be able to use 'Print as PDF'?

3 Replies
Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Patrick,

I'm not completely shure what you mean e.g. if it is when he's highlighting a object or any other alternative, but as log as you have a pdf writer installed on the server the user could always use the "regular" print option. If the pdf writer isn't set as default printer then he could choose the writer from the print dialog.

/Denis

Not applicable
Author

I've tested on my own laptop with QV10SR1 x64 and I see in the File menu the option 'Print as PDF'. It is greyed out when no object is selected.

At the customer I even don't see the 'Print as PDF' option in his File menu, wheter an object is selected or not. Even the shortcut [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+

doesn't work there. Customer is using same QV version, only x32.

Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It is not an general issue as the 32 bit QV10 SR1 have the "print to pdf" option. Something that can make the option disapear is:

Settings -> Document Properties -> Security Make sure that either "Allow Export" or "Allow Print (When Export is disabled)" is checked. Disable both of these options and the "pdf option" will not be available. Check one of these and it will appear