Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No data to display

Hi,

I have graph dashboard, there are some scenario where I don't have values, so in that graph it is showing "No data to display"

But instead of that message I want to display something like "Trend is below 100".

Pls guide me FYI..I am using 8.2 version.

Thanks,

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For this go to properties of the chart and choose the general tab---->click on Error Messages.. button there give the custom message for that chat with a condition

for ex: if(Sum(sales)>0,'Trend is below 100')

Thanks & regards,

Santhosh G

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I there is no way of overriding the "No data to display" message, but if you know what is causing the message (and it seems you do), then this is a workaround:

• Create a text box that occupies the same screen position and size for the chart
  • Change the text box layer that it lies above the chart - if the chart is on the normal layer, set the text box layer to top.
  • Put whatever message you want your users to see in the text box.
  • Create a show condition for the text box that displays it when your chart has no data. (This is where you need to know what's causing it, because you will have to write an expression - there is no direct way of checking the chart).

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Santhosh for the quick respose, but nothing is displaying I followed as you suggested.

Thanks,

gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II

If I want to display a custom message like "Please atleast select a Month or Year" as the graph in my case shows "No data to display" when there is No Selection

cspindley
Contributor III
Contributor III

thanQ