Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

No responce on reloading QVDs

Hi All,

I am using QV11.2 SR11. My app consisting of 50qvds. While reloadig the applicaion it is getting stuck on progress, if i press on abort then  QV applicaion is going to the not responding state.

Is there any solution to completing the reload successsully.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

It is much easier to add tables one at a time and fix any synthetic key / circular references before adding more tables.

If you add all the tables and then try to resolve the issues you cannot easily see the actual cause of the problem.

Add an extra tab to your load script that contains the following

trace ;

trace ########  EXIT SCRIPT ######## ;

exit script ;

Then you can promote / demote this tab through your script to test the load using debug mode with a limited load of 10 rows. Start with the exit script tab, after the first table load, and then move it through the script until the issues are resolved.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Initially debug it with limited load take 10 records->then check is their any synthetic key or circular loop created.

Also check that did you join any two table which dont have common field.

REgards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Synthatic keys and circular references are there. To get snapshot of the Source DataModel I am loading the data.

Any suggestion/tool to capture source datamodel.

Thanks

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Click Ctrl+ T then you can find Copy Image/Export Image/Export Structure Option on the top.

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Synthetic Key and Circular Reference is the reason for your issue.

Avoid it by Renaming Field/ creating Link Table/ Creating Key

Regards

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III
Author

As of now we haven't loaded the data into QV application.

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I think we can do that once we have clear picture about all the fields and tables. So once I have loaded the data then I can do that right.

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Actually you can't. The QlikView application is not "not responding", it is busy calculating the synthetic keys and circular references.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even i got the same issue earlier . structure of datamodel  might be one reason and synthetic keys and circular loops also cause the problem . check the fields in datamodel .

help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi hari. can u send me ur mail ID