Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not Responding after Save

Hi

I have a problem with one document - after saving it, QlikView doesn't respond. The file is actually saved - if I crash out of QlikView and reopen the document then my recent changes are all still there. If I don't crash out then eventually (after about 30 minutes), QlikView starts responding again. Also during this time, the CPU usage for qv.exe is quite high.

When I first encountered this problem the client had v10 SR4 installed. I have upgraded to v11 SR5 and the problem still exists. It only seems to be a single document - all others are fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin Long

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin,

Since I'm encountering almost same thing, I thought I'd share this (I'm not proposing a solution though).

This is happening in a document with tens of millions of records and a pretty complex data model.

What I noticed is that if I don't have any selections made when saving, the response time of QV after the save is actually done (date modified attribute of the file is updated) is quite high (around 5 minutes).

In addition, when QV gets back to responding, the file gets also updated another time (an updated date modified).

So what you may try, is to have some selections made before saving, it might reduce your 30-minute wait.

This may also depend on the cpu power since it's gets fully consumed (response time may be affected).

Another tip, try not to force-close QV when saving as it might corrupt the file (well, I remember this happened once with one of the customers and the document had to be replaced from a backup copy).

Hope that someone could also share his ideas that would be helpful to all.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested and made a selection before saving - saved the file. Now I can go about trying to isolate what might be causing the problem. Another suggestion was that it may be due to synthetic links so I'll look into that as well.

senarath
Creator III
Creator III

I also had a same experience and what you had mentioned is very true as I also came out of issue the same manner.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In my case, that was a pivot chart (Hidden) with no existing dimension in my qvw document.

I remove this last one, and save works perfectly.

(QlikView 10 SR3)

Regards,

Quentin MARACHE