Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not able move objects positon a QVW

Hi ..

I have downloaded a .QVW from web ... it looks superb.

When I tried move the Listbox/Chart... it's not allowing me to move.. but i am able to set/modify properties of those objects...

I am missing some basic here..  please point me in identifying the solution...

Thanks Again.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Right click on the sheet, go to Properties -> Security -> Check the Move/Size Sheet objects.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

if Sai Krishna's reply dont work than right click on the object - Layout and under option select allow move/size

Not applicable
Author

hi,

just go to the sheet properties and in security tab check the ( Move/Size Sheet objects )

check the image below.

Regards,

Ravikant

Not applicable
Author

hi

go to sheet properties then check that box which is present their after that u can move objects

for going sheet properties press ALT+CTRL+S

Check uploaded imageUnd.png

Not applicable
Author

i think this will solve your problem

chadwatson
Contributor III
Contributor III

I had the same problem. No objects would move even though the move checkbox was checked. I had to uninstall, reboot, then re-install QlikView. That resolved the issue for me.

Not applicable
Author

Go to Layout tab and once check if Move is unchecked

or

Sheet Properties -> Secuirty -> Move/Size

or

Settings -> Document Properties -> Security

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try enabling "Admin Override Security" in the Document Properties -> Security options.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had the same problem and found how  to fix it.

Users could not move objects nether in QV application in QVW file nor on the server side as server objects.
They could create, but moving and sizing didn't work.

Actually the related object's property was set correctly, and the sheet security was set accordingly.

"Admin Override Security" in the Document Properties -> Security Options  worked, however for admins only.

So, in order to allow moving objects for "normal" users, "Allow /Move Size" should be set globally on the document level.
Check  Document Properties ->Layout-> Allow /Move Size

I believe it is due to software bug, because appeared as soon as one of SR had been installed.

Thanks,
Ruslan