cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to exclude the field values in list box

Hi All,

I have one field called "User Agent", in that I need to exclude the field values "Bots","Spider". I have added button to exclude this values.

Now my requirement is when am excluding these values, other list boxes values also excluding. But it should not exclude.

For Ex:Before Exclude the User agent field values Bots, Spider, Jobboard field having 8 jobboards. After we excluding User Agent field values, Jobboard is reducing to 6 jobboards.

But in list box it should not be reduced after we exclude User agent field values. Can anyone please help me how yo solve this?

Regards,

Nisha

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

What is the logic you are using to exclude? Could you share your sample qvw that demostrates the issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresco,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using button to exclude User Agent field values "Bot", "Spider","Typhoeus".

exclude.PNG

Before we exclude this User Agent values,  13 Jobboard possible values it is showing (as per below screenshot)

JObboard.PNG

After we excluding the User Agent values "Bot", SPider", Typhoeous" , 10 Jobboards it is showing because remaining 3 jobboards are associated with User Agent excluding values, so when we are excluding those user Agent values jobboard also excluding. But I dont want to exclude the jobboards.

After exclude

after excluding.PNG

Regards,

Nisha

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess you meant 'greyed out' by excluded (JobBoard - members). If so, it is so by qv design, unassociated values would be greyed out. You can highlight them to consider as alternative values by - listbox->General tab->check 'Show alternatives'.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tresco.

I din mean that. As per second screenshot after excluding , total jobboards are 10. Before exclude , total jobboards are 13 (Yo can see in list box screenshot).

After exclude it should not reduce 13 to 10 jobboards. It should show 13 jobboards.

Regards,

NIsha

veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Nisha,

with your button you exclude the three values globally. Why not exclude these values in the list box of the field User Agent, only. Use the expression in this listbox with an If statement...

If ([User Agent] <> 'Bot' or [User Agent] <> 'Spider' or [User Agent] <> 'typhoeus', [User Agent])

This act like a calculated dimension for this listbox and does not exclude the above values for other charts or list boxes.

Hope this helps

Burkhard

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Please share a sample application