Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zain16nib
Contributor III
Contributor III

Null Value

Hi,

I want to show 'c' instead of '-' in the chart object.

The file is also attached.

Regards,

Zain.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The Null symbol box suggested by @jonathandienst  is a good solution for most diagrams in QlikView, but not in the Pie chart. The Null symbol property is not available for that chart type.

An alternative solution is to implement NullAsValue, but in your case where you are using a calculated dimension it wont have an effect.

A second alternative could be to force the c value in some way in your calculated dimension, maybe adding an if statemet.

A third alternative solution is to skip the calculated dimension and instead create three expressions, named a, b and c.

image.png

I've attached attached a qvw where I've done this third alternative.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Go to Properties | Presentation and put a 'c' in the Null Symbol box.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The Null symbol box suggested by @jonathandienst  is a good solution for most diagrams in QlikView, but not in the Pie chart. The Null symbol property is not available for that chart type.

An alternative solution is to implement NullAsValue, but in your case where you are using a calculated dimension it wont have an effect.

A second alternative could be to force the c value in some way in your calculated dimension, maybe adding an if statemet.

A third alternative solution is to skip the calculated dimension and instead create three expressions, named a, b and c.

image.png

I've attached attached a qvw where I've done this third alternative.

zain16nib
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank a lot, gave me detail and multiple solutions.

i will check and revert to me if i need more.

Regards,

Zain.