Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Numbers not formatting - bar chart

I have a bar chart with two dimensions (Location/Year) and two expressions:  the first expression is not part of the bar (unselected "Bar" and is only used for dimension limits. However I can not format the number of the second dimension at all. When I uncheck the "enable" of the first dimension the formatting works, but not when I select an "enable" of the expression then the formatting doesn't work. Unfortunately I need the first expression enabled for dimension limits.

Any help on why formatting won't work on the second expression if the first selection is Enabled?

Thanks,

Zag

6 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you elaborate a little. Quite did not get you. Can you share a sample qvw file or some screenshots where you facing the problem?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Cannot help you without a sample app, we need to see exactly whats happening

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

I have attached the images. I need the first expression enabled for dimension limits but if I do then the formatting of the second expression doesn't work.

prma7799
Master III
Master III

Try like this

=

Num(((Sum ([Metric Total Act Prim])+Sum ([Metric Ballast])+Sum ([Metric Weight])*Sum ([Metric Total Act Exc])+(1-Sum ([Metric Weight]))*Sum ([Metric Total Exp Exc]))
/(
Sum ([Metric Total Exp Prim])+Sum ([Metric Ballast])+Sum ([Metric Weight])*Sum ([Metric Total Exp Exc])+(1-Sum ([Metric Weight]))*Sum ([Metric Total Exp Exc])))
-
(
(((
Sum ([Metric Total Act Prim])-Sum ([Amount Claim Actual Primary]))+Sum ([Metric Ballast])+(Sum ([Metric Weight])*(Sum ([Metric Total Act Exc])-Sum ([Amount Claim Actual Excess])))+((1-Sum ([Metric Weight]))*Sum ([Metric Total Exp Exc]))))
/(
Sum ([Metric Total Exp Prim])+Sum ([Metric Ballast])+Sum ([Metric Weight])*Sum ([Metric Total Exp Exc])+(1-Sum ([Metric Weight]))*Sum ([Metric Total Exp Exc]))
) ,'#.###')

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

because you haven't formatted your First expression

Either format the Expression value using Num() or using the Number tab  >> Select Expression and >> Number formatting of your choice!

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

nope  - I tried formatting the first expression too - but still didn't help with the formatting of the second expression.