Load

Username,

Access,

RSM as Regional Sales Manager,

RSD as Regional Sales Director,

RSH as Regional Sales Head

From

[ location\section_access.xlsx]

Here RSM is the header in my section_access file under which I have mentioned the names of few RSMs to whom I want to show the data.

Regional Sales Manager is the header in my dataset to which I want to restrict the access.

The problem explained with a dummy example-

In my Qlikview application the section access was working fine in case -1

Case-1

[xyz]:

Load

MONTH,

MARKS,

REGIONAL SALES MANAGER,

REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR,

REGIONAL SALES HEAD

From

[location\xxx.qvd]

Here in case 1, the marks (coming from xxx qvd) are populating across RSMs in a table.

The section access isn’t working in case -2

Case-2

[xyz]:

Load

MONTH,

MARKS,

REGIONAL SALES MANAGER,

REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR,

REGIONAL SALES HEAD

From

[location\xxx.qvd]

Concatenate [xyz]

Actuals:

Load

MONTH,

SALES,

REGIONAL SALES MANAGER,

REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR,

REGIONAL SALES HEAD

From

[location\sales.qvd]

Here in case-2 the numbers for SALES (coming from concatenated qvd) are not populating with MARKS (coming from xxx qvd) across the hierarchy in a table, section access being applied.

When I remove the section access both Marks and Sales get populated.

Please suggest what can be the reason.

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The following Design Blog post should be helpful, in particular there are two additional links related to Dynamic Reduction fields at the bottom, so be sure to read those too, hopefully that will help you sort things out.  The only other thing I can suggest to you is to comment out your Section Access line in the script such that the table loads into the visible data model, that will allow you to do some troubleshooting having access to those to try to see where things are going wrong...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.