Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC MySQL

Hi there..

I have a question, i already solved my problem but i need to understand something...

I took the QV Designer and Developer a few months ago, whe we where doing some practices i remember that we where using an odbc to connect to an Access Database, the thing is that in that course they told us to check the 32 bit ODBC box. a few days ago i was trying to connect to a mysql Database in my localserver but i was getting an error message.... i got everythinh right, mysql odbc driver etc.... but when i un checked the 32 box next to the ODBC in Qlikview i was able to connect to my DB and start working on my charts... so my question is when to force it and when not, i have win 7 64 bit OS.

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kenneth,

It all depends on the architecture of your driver. Microsoft Office has only had 32 bit version of ODBC drivers until version 2010, where 64 bit ODBC drivers are available.

However, most database engines like Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, SAP, and MySQL have both 32 and 64 bit of their drivers. Will a 32 bit driver work in QlikView x64? Yes, as long as you click on the "Force 32 bit" checkbox in the script editor. But note that Windows 7 has two different ODBC controllers, one for 64 bit (in the folder C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe) and one for 32 bit in the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Depending on whether you have clicked or not that checkbox, QlikView will call one program or the other, hence the different data sources you may see.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kenneth,

It all depends on the architecture of your driver. Microsoft Office has only had 32 bit version of ODBC drivers until version 2010, where 64 bit ODBC drivers are available.

However, most database engines like Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, SAP, and MySQL have both 32 and 64 bit of their drivers. Will a 32 bit driver work in QlikView x64? Yes, as long as you click on the "Force 32 bit" checkbox in the script editor. But note that Windows 7 has two different ODBC controllers, one for 64 bit (in the folder C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe) and one for 32 bit in the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Depending on whether you have clicked or not that checkbox, QlikView will call one program or the other, hence the different data sources you may see.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Gracias Miguel, fue de mucha ayuda este dato.

Saludos desde México.