cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

ODBC architecture mismatch after 1 year

Hi, I have been successfully running an application for 15 months, and only in the past month have I been getting the error:

<< SQL##f - SqlState: IM014, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application >>

Rebooting the PC clears the problem.

What is going on, how can I get to the root cause of this, and why has it started happening, as I have not changed anything?

Regards,

Marty.

8 Replies
martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

A bit more info:

Always works fine on the server, it is on my PC that the problem occurs.

The network admins apply microsoft patches automatically.

M.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

seems to be because of OS changed from 32 bit to 64 bit either ur qv or source of ur app.

Not applicable

What does your load script connect command look like?  Like Shiva says, it could be that your datasource is trying to access a 64bit dsn with a 32bit connection or vice versa.  Your server probably doesn't have the problem because it's connecting to the 64bit dsn consistently.

jg

martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, Jeffery

But if that were so, why would it work when I restart the PC?

M

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

it's not about restart,it should be the same architecture,tht's causing the issue.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Looks like you may be to use 64bit ODBC driver rather than the 32 BIT

HTH

Andy

Not applicable

What does the load script look like?  Are you doing a simple connect?  Or a connect32 or connect64?  Perhaps you need to make a change to hard code the connect command?  I don't know why, but it seems it is environment root cause and not so much Qlik root cause.

Refer to connect command in QlikView help.

Connect32

This statement is used the same way as the Connect statement, but forces a 64-bit system to use a 32-bit ODBC/OLEDB provider. Not applicable for custom connect.

Connect64

This statement is used the same way as the Connect statement, but forces use of a 64-bit provider. Not applicable for custom connect.

martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I have discovered the cause: it only fails if the QlikView client was launched by NPrinting - if I shut down the applications and reopen QlikView Desktop, then it works fine...

M.