Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryyang756
Creator
Creator

OLE DB access denied in QMC but manually working fine

Dear all,

I am facing a problem regarding access to SQL Server via OLE DB connection string.

I am able to run the applicaion manually using the service account. It has the read access to SQL Server DB.

But after deployment the access is denied when running the application from QMC.

There are some threads available on this topic but I found no solution.

Do I need to provide any other permission to my service account? Right now It has read access.

Below is the error lines.

2019-04-12 16:05:36 0020 OLEDB CONNECT32 TO *** (XPassword *** ***)
2019-04-12 16:06:40 Error: ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
2019-04-12 16:06:40 ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
2019-04-12 16:06:40 Execution Failed
2019-04-12 16:06:40 Execution finished.

Please help. Thanks in Advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jerryyang756
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @wandererroch . 

I checked with server team and found that the ports TCP 1433 and UDP 1434 was not configured between source and destination server . The Qlikview distribution service is running from multiple servers. So ports are opened for all distribution servers. After this  I am able to read the database.

Also the connection string was created with different User ID and Password . Again I generated the connection using Qlikview Service account. 

Regards

Pritam

View solution in original post

2 Replies
wandererroch
Contributor III
Contributor III

When you run manually make sure you are doing so on the server while logged in as the account the QVS service is using. If that works then you have something very odd going on.

If you're not specifying a username in the connection string then you don't need the password I believe.
jerryyang756
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @wandererroch . 

I checked with server team and found that the ports TCP 1433 and UDP 1434 was not configured between source and destination server . The Qlikview distribution service is running from multiple servers. So ports are opened for all distribution servers. After this  I am able to read the database.

Also the connection string was created with different User ID and Password . Again I generated the connection using Qlikview Service account. 

Regards

Pritam