Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III

OLE DE Initialzation Information - error

HI,

I am loading information from an access database.  After completing the initial development on a local copy of the database, I am attempting to connect to the "live" database on a network drive.  Please note the database is always in use, so therefore will be open by another user.

The database does not have a password

When trying to connect I am getting the following window.

"Please Enter Microsoft Access Database Engine OLE DB Initialization Information, with nothing allowing me to connect.  Any way of getting beyond this?

Capture.PNG

connection string =

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=\\10.2.5.225\Hock L1 data\DGS_HB.mdb;Mode=Read;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=0;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False];

!Thank for your help

Paul

5 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

user AD (folder) access rights? just a wild guess I am afraid

paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI,

It is in a readonly folder.  I can navigate to it from my PC via explorer but not via QlikView

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

from your desktop using the same user? Just changing to a network drive brings the problem? maybe the database is in use? You mentioned it is live.

paulm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yes the database will be in use, but I was hoping that I could just read from it?  Its the same as any other database I would be pulling from e.g. Oracle.

Or does jet prevent this?

Thanks
Paul

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

not 100% sure but i believe that it is a file. so if in use, Qv cannot open it. try creating a copy and connect Qv to it. If that works, then this is the issue.