Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaitanyajami
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

OLEDB-SQL Server connection issue

Hi all,

Iam connecting to SQL Server data source(one of the multiple data sources) to extract the data into Qlikview and saving the data into QVD's, when i reload the Qvw it is getting connected to SQL server with credentials and i could see the statement "Connected" in the popup but application is getting stuck for hours over the same step without going forward, can some one please suggest me how/what could i check more about this particular issue to comeout of it.Thanks in advance.

Untitled.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In the script, what is the next instruction right after CONNECT ? A JOIN LOAD, a CONCATENATE LOAD, no LOAD but SQL SELECT ?

If you run that query with the SQL Management Studio using the same user that QlikView is using, what do you see?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In the script, what is the next instruction right after CONNECT ? A JOIN LOAD, a CONCATENATE LOAD, no LOAD but SQL SELECT ?

If you run that query with the SQL Management Studio using the same user that QlikView is using, what do you see?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If you try to Connect to a viewtable in a datawarehouse, be sure that Your index is correct.

chaitanyajami
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

it have sql select statement with keywords like CASE,THEN,GROUP BY, ORDER BY, and conditions like INNERJOIN and LEFT JOIN ,WHERE . Ok will run the query in SQL and let you know

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you create Logfile for Document and check whether what was the time during reload tooks the reload. Which part is that?

Meantime, Try to share the Logfile and let us know which version you are been

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
chaitanyajami
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I am able to reload now, and it is extracting data with the Query. Thank you

chaitanyajami
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi ,

It is working fine now, Thanks for the help.