Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Objects not listed in Document Properties

Hello everyone,

Working on someone else's app, I have text objects listed in Settings > Expression Overview, that are not listed in Settings > Document Properties > Sheets (bottom table, without having any selected sheet in the top table). How is that possible? I thought all the objects were listed there.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can i know, More details? And expected O/p

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

They may be in containers - Settings > Document Properties > Sheets does not show objects that exist only in container(s).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Expression Overview shows :

2016-07-27_16h40_45.png

Document Properties > Sheets (ordered by object ID ascending):

2016-07-27_16h42_33.png

I was trying to find all the expressions containing a specific variable, and then open each corresponding object but some did not show up in the list. The only info I had was the sheet number, so not easy to find the objects with all the conditional display in the sheet.

In the end I managed to do what I wanted, but it was longer than expected, checking each object one by one. That's why I was asking if there was a reason why it did not appear in the list (the list already showed the Conditional : Hidden).

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the idea but that was not the case. However, maybe it had something to do with alternate states? That is something I don't know about yet, I'm learning

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

hmm it had nothing to do with alternate states. I've given up on this

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It seems that in complex documents with a lot of objects and expressions, on which a lot of development work has been performed, QlikView may loose track of what information to clean up.

If you have some spare time to investigate, export your document to a prj- folder and search in the xml files for those "lost" text objects.

Peter

cristinapo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Emmanuel,

I had the same problem and, like Jonathan mentioned, it had to do with containers.

The solution for me was to go to the sheet's objects - where I had 3 containers, one being hidden. So after I switched from hidden to always show, the objects in that hidden container showed up and the one I was looking for was one of those objects.

You may need to unhide all hidden containers, if you have some, just to check them all.

Hope this helps!

Cristina

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Cristina, actually I don't use containers at all. But the answer of Peter seems to correspond to what has happened. Maybe the object was deleted and the expression of the object was not cleaned up. Or the app lost track of the text object but the expression still shows up.

Anyway it is a pain if you want to check the impacts of a change on diverse expressions and you can't find the objects they are related to. I haven't tried the prj- folder technique but that may help!

Thank you both for your answers

Emmanuel