cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gs_hillmm
Contributor
Contributor

Older version of qvw reappears

I am developing apps using a leased server license.

I'm seeing a problem in desktop where I've created the first version of a qvw - let's call it 'MyQVW.qvw'. I'll make changes and save it as 'MyQVW_latest.qvw'. When I'm preparing to move it to server - I'm still working in desktop - I'll close Qlikview, delete the original 'MyQVW.qvw' and copy 'MyQVW_latest.qvw' to 'MyQVW.qvw' in Windows Explorer. When I open the new copy of 'MyQVW.qvw' in Qlikview, the original UI from the deleted version appears - in desktop, as it is not yet on server.

I know to remove last session state from server - is there something similar in desktop?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Do you have any -prj folders on your desktop, eg MyQVW-prj?

If so, when you rename your copy back to MyQVW, and open it - QV applies the layout in the -prj folder, effectively wiping out the changes. This is the design behaviour of the -prj project folder.

If you need the -prj folder (eg for version control), you will need to save a copy of the original and then make the changes in the original. When you save it, the -prj folder is updated as well.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

David,

Maybe your newer version which you copied onto the Server, was overwritten by the older one that was reloading in memory at that time.  Was saved after reload in place of your new version.

gs_hillmm
Contributor
Contributor
Author

No, as I said, this is all happening on desktop. Server isn't in the equation except for the license lease.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea, never seen anything like this.  There is no "remove state"...

Maybe you're using auto-save and backup?  (I never do.)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Do you have any -prj folders on your desktop, eg MyQVW-prj?

If so, when you rename your copy back to MyQVW, and open it - QV applies the layout in the -prj folder, effectively wiping out the changes. This is the design behaviour of the -prj project folder.

If you need the -prj folder (eg for version control), you will need to save a copy of the original and then make the changes in the original. When you save it, the -prj folder is updated as well.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
gs_hillmm
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ah!! I forgot about version control and -prj folders - we are having trouble getting it to work correctly (still researching) and it slipped my mind. Thanks for the clarification.