Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Omit, Reduction and Sheet Conditions are deactivated after data reload

I'm playing with securing qvw files but I've noticed that when I reload the data any configurations I have set up are deactivated.

Specifically I have Omited a column from a group of users, done some data reduction and set up sheet conditions so only certain users/groups can see certain sheets.

Can anyone let me know what I may have missed. I attached the qvw file I'm using.

Admin account is 'ap' and a user account is 'sp'. The user account is restricted data, the 'name' column and the 'home' sheet.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Data reduction is only done at document open. So immeadiately following a reload, the data is "restored" and no reduction takes place. You must close and reopen the document for reduction to occur again. This is why it's usually important to prohibit reload by USERs if users work ouside the server.

Does this explain what you're seeing?

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Data reduction is only done at document open. So immeadiately following a reload, the data is "restored" and no reduction takes place. You must close and reopen the document for reduction to occur again. This is why it's usually important to prohibit reload by USERs if users work ouside the server.

Does this explain what you're seeing?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Ok, so I guess I would just have the server reload the document on an interval. If a user has the document open for an extended period of time and it is reloaded can they refresh their document?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

arturopw wrote:If a user has the document open for an extended period of time and it is reloaded can they refresh their document?

Yes, and you have a number of options as to how you want the refresh done - -automatically, initiated by the user, prompted. Read up on "Graceful document refresh" in the QV Server Ref Guide.

-Rob