Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

On a Sheet, Security Add Sheet Objects disabled but Still users are able to add objects from Repository on Big Screen? Why

Hi All,

I have designed a dashboard where we have 3 sheets.

Sheet-1

Sheet-2

Sheet-3

On Sheet-1 and Sheet-2 no one allowed to add any objects or modify anything and this has been achieved by disabling following properties:

Settings-->Sheet Properties-->Security and unchecked below all

1. Add Sheet Objects
  2. Remove Sheet Objects
  3. Move/Size Sheet Objects
  4. Copy/Clone Sheet Objects
  5. Remove Sheet

Checked only these 2:

1. Access Sheet Object Properties
  2. Access Sheet Properties (Users)

It is working fine on a small machine screen size 14 inch (Developed app on this machine) but when same application I open on a big monitor more than 14 Inch, I will have space on right side and down side and If i go to Repository and try to add any thing I am allowed to add.

I want to restrict this adding too. What need to do?

Experts please advice

22 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Shivendoo,

Make sure in document properties, on security tab, admin  override security is unchecked.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Regarding more space on the right and bottom side:

Some organizations have fixed resolution for their employees monitor, but most of them don't.

Some developers prefer macro.

Macro wont solve the problem, as it will run with IE Plugin only..and it will be cumbersome to maintain..

I can suggest 2 approaches..

1. Selecting "Fit Zoom to Window" option from "Menu" -- Works only in IE Plugin i believe (Not recommended as it will shrink all objects and some times if you have more objects then text wont look as good as it should be)

2. Using a template background to modify  all dashboards, so that you can fit everything in to 1. Personally i use this to make it consistent across all dashboards.

There is a developer toolkit ships with qlikview install.. C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Developer Toolkit

use the resolution backgrounds and fit all objects inside that..or create your own image with moderate resolution so that it will be good for all users..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shankar,

It is already unchecked in my case. Please find the attached screenshot to see other properties which are checked and Unchecked.

Screenshot.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have an Image as background and Image formatting is as below.

I noticed this back ground Image is fitting on big Screen but Dashboard not. Out of this Dashboard area, In Background Image only I am able to add the objects from Repository.

Screenshot-1.PNG

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Shivendoo,

Since it is in server and the dashboard users are adding from browser, you need to disable "allow server objects". From management console, open tab "System", choose QlikView Server (QVS@...), then open tab Documents. In here u can disable "allow server objects"

Under document properties --> Tab Server --> uncheck Allow Server Objects.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Regarding alignment try seeing the existing sample demo documents like attached. You will get an idea.

Not applicable
Author

Shankar,

I forgot to mention that On 3rd Sheet (Sheet-3), users are allowed to add any objects (from Repository as well as from Model)

Sheet-1--> (Restricted all the users to add or remove any objects)

Sheet-2--> (Restricted all the users to add or remove any objects)

Sheet-3--> (Allowed all the users to add or remove any objects)

So your this suggestion will work for Sheets or It is at document level?

From management console, open tab "System", choose QlikView Server (QVS@...), then open tab Documents. In here u can disable "allow server objects"

Under document properties --> Tab Server --> uncheck Allow Server Objects.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Shivendoo,

Since in document properties, on security tab, admin  override security is unchecked, even you change allow sheet objects addition, it still restrict the user to add the objects. This is in desktop level.

If you publish the dashboard and user is still able to add sheet objects and sheets, you need to disable "allow server objects". From management console, open tab "System", choose QlikView Server (QVS@...), then open tab Documents. In here u can disable "allow server objects"

Not applicable
Author

Let me try but I doubt If I do this users may not allowed to create Bookmarks and all.

I don't want to disable bookmark. I just need to restrict that no one should Add any sheet objects on Sheet-1 and Sheet-2 and they can add everything on Sheet-3.