Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

One specific KPI_display - in several apps - not working anymore ...

Hi,

the title of the post actually already states my problem, albeit a bit understated: I cannot even open that KPI_display anymore.

I have tried several times over the last few days - I can open the app (-s, there are several displaying that KPI) and activate any other sheet without problems. As soon as I click on the button activating that sheet, however, the whole thing freezes until eventually I use the Task_Manager to close it down.

I will try a few more things and see if all the fields used in that chart are still there - but I cannot check the actual display since I cannot open that sheet.

Does anyone know any way around that?`

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

this looks that one or more calculations didn't work - maybe calculations about fields in loosen tables. I knew such behaviour if the calculation missed certain selections.

As next step I would try to go to the document properties into the tab sheets and select this sheet and you could access all these sheet-objects and open whose properties and set each visibilty to hidden. And then you could check step to step each object/calculation.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

this looks that one or more calculations didn't work - maybe calculations about fields in loosen tables. I knew such behaviour if the calculation missed certain selections.

As next step I would try to go to the document properties into the tab sheets and select this sheet and you could access all these sheet-objects and open whose properties and set each visibilty to hidden. And then you could check step to step each object/calculation.

- Marcus

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

I should do the following.

Open QlikView with the startpage and then chose to open the file without data.

Reload the file with only a few lines and check the behavior.

1.PNG

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks Marcus!

I guess I'll try that. I just realized to my great relief that I have another sheet in that app which actually shows the exact same thing, only with another date in the dimension - there are two dates connected to one event here - one date when it happened, another one when it was reported. So I need only copy that second sheet, change the dimension - and that should be it.

Still, it would be interesting to find out what happened.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi AnToSe,

that is great. I didn't know you could load an app without data.

Hmmm - it happens even then - so the problem is a different one and not connected with either the data or the calculations, right? What would be the normal behaviour here - what should all my charts be doing when there is no data?

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hmm! So it freezes even with no data? Very, very strange? Is it possible to share the file with no data?

marcus_sommer

Are there any actions within this sheet? Maybe one that is waiting on something ...