Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Only ever show certain values in a field

Hi,

I have a slight problem with my dashboard which I'm hoping you guys on here will help me with (as you've always been able to previously).

I have a field which has an "null", "open", "on hold" or "closed" status in it. I don't want to see the "closed" data except when a tick box (or perhaps variable) is set to say that I do want to see it.

I have multiple sheets where this data is displayed with automatic actions to clear all selections or load bookmarks so I need the solution to take that into account.

've tried to use set analysis on the data but that ignores the "null" values which I'd like to include still.

Hopefully this is a simple fix but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Below is a screen shot of the straight table chart I'm using to display the data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could try replacing the nulls with real values in the script. That makes the nulls selectable. You could also try something like {1-<[Project Status] = {'Closed'}>} and disable the Suppress Missing option on the Presentation tab.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could try replacing the nulls with real values in the script. That makes the nulls selectable. You could also try something like {1-<[Project Status] = {'Closed'}>} and disable the Suppress Missing option on the Presentation tab.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much Gysbert, I don't know why I hadn't used that set analysis expression before but I'm now using it with a variable to include or exclude the "Closed" project.